- In collaboration with Ericsson and BT, we demoed our work on 5G for Haptic Communications ina tele-robotic surgery demonstration in Mobile World Congress 2017.
Check the BT broadcast from the event for more details.
- We demoed our research on 5G network slicing, Tactile Internet, and remote robotic intervention in the 5G World Summit.
Check this video for a fantastic demonstration by Maria.
- My interview with Telecom TV on 5G Ultra-low latency, during ETSI 5G summit is available here.
- Panel, "The Path to Successful IoT: From Need of Standards to Security Threats", IEEE ICC, Paris, May 2017.
- Keynote talk, " 5G & Enterprise ", Swisscom, Bern, November 2016.
- Panel, "Tactile Internet, Vision & Ambition", ETSI Summit, 5G: From Myth to Reality, April 2016.
- Keynote talk, "Functionality as a Service in Mobile Networks, a Gateway to Vertical industries", 1st EAI Int'l Conf. on Future access enablers of ubiquitous and intelligent infrastructures, September 2015.
- Keynote talk,"What If? Some Disruptive Design Approaches for cellular", IEEE ICC Workshop, London, June 2015.
- Invited Talk,"SDN and NFV in Wireless networks & Future Research", Defining Future 5G Networks-SME Workshop, London, May 2015.
- Plenary Talk,"Softwarization and Cloudification in 5G: Enabling Functionality as a Service (FaaS)", WWRF 34th, Santa Clara, CA, April 2015.
- Invited Talk,"5G and Software Defined Networking", IET 5G Radio Technology Seminar, London, March 2015.
- H2020 5GCAR: delivering 5G communications for automotive Industry (€ 425k for KCL, EC H2020, Starting June 2017).
- INITIATE: The UK Programmable Fixed and Mobile Internet Infrastructure (£ 1.3M EPSRC, £ 1.3M industry in-kind contributions, Start date: May 2017),
in partnership with U of Bristol, U of Edinburgh and Lancaster University.
- BT Industry Project: Network Convergence for Low Latency applications, 2017-2018.
- BT Industry Project: Flexible 5G RAN configuration with the use of network function virtualisation, 2016-2020.
- InDEx: Information about Drinking for Ex-serving personnel, in collaboration with KCL Institute of Psychiatry (£ 150k, MRC, Start date: Aug 2016). [InDEx webpage]
- H2020 VirtuWind: SDN/NFV implementation in industry networks (€ 550k for KCL, EC H2020 , Started July 2015). [VirtuWind webpage]
- Ericsson Industry Project: Tactile Internet 5G design (2015-ongoing).
- Computational Simulation model for Brain Disorders, in collaboration with South London Stroke Register (2014).
- FIT4Green: Energy aware ICT optimization policies (EC FP7, 2010-2013).[FIT4Green webpage]
- Mobile VCE Core 4, Delivery Efficiency programme (2006-2009).
My general area of interest is communication networks including:
I also work on modelling and analysis of medical data.
- Mobile Networks Virtualisation
- Integration of Cloud & Mobile Networks
- Data Centre Networking
- Autonomous Networks
- Energy Efficient Network Managements
- TCP Performance in Wireless Networks
- Hardware Design , BSc level (year 3), second semester.
- Network Theory, MSc level, second semester.
- Internet Systems , BSc level (year 3), first semester.
- Telecommunication Networks II , MSc level, second semester
- Introduction to Telecommunication Networks, BSc level (year 3), second semester
Room BH(s)5.09 (Bush House, 5th floor)
London WC2B 4BG
Email: toktam dot mahmoodi at kcl dot ac dot uk